I am so excited to be part of the March Promotion from Silhouette! The basic Silhouette Studio software included with your Portrait or your Cameo is an amazing program, but the Designer Edition software is even better! Be sure to read all the way to the bottom for your link to get those fantastic specials listed above and for your chance to win a Silhouette Portrait, right here on my blog!
For a easy visual on all the differences between the two programs - follow this link.
I was honored to be asked to participate and I'm excited to share a project with you! The Designer Studio makes everything so much easier and provides advanced features to help in creating some amazing projects.
I kept my project simple, but the Designer Studio made it quick & easy!
I was looking to cut out a bird on a branch and I found the perfect bird and the perfect branch in two different designs. Now sure, I could have cut both designs out completely and then used scissors to to cut away the parts I didn't want, but the Designer Studio Software makes it simple to fix BEFORE you cut!
- Open both images onto your blank mat.
- Use the advanced eraser tool in the Designer Studio software to erase the flowers and branch from image #1 that you will not need.
- Move your bird image down near the black & white branch and resize until it works for you.
- Using the Designer Studio Pivot Point tool, I rotated the bird image slightly so that it sat on the new branch better.
- Once my images were together as I desired, I ungrouped the branches so that I could move the images to separate cutting mats.
- I cut my images from 3 different papers and pieced them together.
Now, this is just a simple example of what you can do with the new Advanced Studio Software...some of my other favorite advanced tools are:
-The ability to use and edit .SVG files without a lengthy conversion process.
-The advanced cutting tools which separate images with multiple line options.
-The ability to turn any image to a sketch drawing.
-The abilty to transfer image proerties between shapes.
Now for the March Specials! From today until March 8th, all you have to do is click on this link, select your deal and enter "SCREW" as your promo code upon checkout!
In addition, one of my lucky blog readers is going to win their very own Silhouette Portrait! All you have to do is leave a comment on this post and tell me why you want to win by March 4th and I will draw a random winner! Be sure to share this post with your friends!