2.25.2013

Baby Camren....

Everyone knows how excited I was to get to head to Missouri and visit the kids and meet Baby Camren....but you also know that I had no assumptions that I would get to hold him.  There are a ton of precautions to take with a premie and I was content to think that I would get to see him and hold his hand in the incubator.  But, he has made huge improvements in the last 2 weeks --- so much so that they have removed all his support tubes except for his feeding tube and oxygen, both of which are through his nose.  When we were at the hospital and Tom asked if i wanted to hold him, I was thrilled!  Of course, I did!

It was all I could do to not cry....he is so beautiful and perfect.  To make things even better, I got to change his diaper and take his temperature...I'm in love...again.  Chase said to me that other day that by the time he started having kids, I wouldn't be so excited about grandkids because I would have so many by then.  So not true....I can't imagine not having butterflies everytime I meet one of my new grandbabies...just such an amazing moment.  I am truly blessed and they are teaching me what is really  important in life.  I wish I had learned this lesson sooner....







Have a great day....

Love, One very happy grandma.....

1 comment:

tenaya said...

You guys are so adorable! He is doing so great!!! God is GOOD!

Blog Archive