4.13.2011

Laundry Sheet Flowers - Tutorial!

I am always on the lookout for things that I can recycle in my scrapbooking.  We switched laundry soap last week and began to use an all in one soap & laundry sheet.  These go in the washing machine with the clothes and then directly into the dryer with them too.  They serve double duty. 

When I pulled them out of the dryer, I knew instantly that they would serve triple duty!  They are nice and thick and the perfect absorbing material for misting! 


The first thing I did was pull out my misting box and lay a couple of them flat on the bottom.  Using my mists, I saturated them in various colors:



I dried these with my heat gun (because I am a very impatient scrapper!).  Remember to keep your gun at a safe distance as the intense heat will start to melt the sheet.


Then I ran them through my Cuttlebug and made these:



I ended up using the back sides of the flowers for my design --- just really liked the variegated look of the back.  I paired them with some fun Scrappin' Sports & More papers and ended up with this pretty layout of Ms. Sophie!




Supplies Used:



Pigs 12x12" double-sided paper picture


Cats 12x12" double-sided paper picture



Nephew-Niece 12x12" double-sided paper picture


Family-Generation 12x12" double-sided paperons picture


Marching Band Game picture

4 comments:

Erica Hettwer said...

Adorable! I can't wait to get some more of those. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for the next coupon deal. Hee!

Scrappymama Elaine said...

how fun is that!! TFS!
esigmon at cox dot net

sleeplesswonder said...

Wow love these, just a cool recycling idea, thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Melissa D
mkds312@hotmail.com
sleeplesswonder.blogspot.com

Traci said...

That is awesome, Kim!! :)

Blog Archive