3.20.2011

Date Night & Coupon Morning!

It's a rare occasion that I find myself alone in the house on Saturday night with only one of my kiddos --- but last night was just that occasion.  It was just Luke & I and so we decided a date night was in order!


We started out here for Luke's favorite Chicken McNuggets:


Did a little Halo MegaBlocks shopping here:

and then hit the theaters for a little Johnny Depp....I mean Rango:


We had a great evening together --- just chillin' and chattin'!

******

Okay, so I've mentioned before that I have started extreme couponing --- so I thought I'd share with you what a typical Sunday morning run looks like!  Most of the time, I hit Rite Aid, Walgreens, and one or more grocery stores in the area.  Today I hit QFC in addition to the Rite Aid and Walgreens stops.

Here is a recap of what I spent:

Subtotal before tax........................................................... $ 15.53
tax (you pay this on total before coupons............................... 5.15
Total Out of Pocket Expense ........................................... $20.68

In addition to the out of pocket expense, I used $17 in Up Rewards coupons at Riteaid  and $4 in Register Rewards at Walgreens.  For those of you that aren't aware --- these are both like cash.  I would normally add these in to my out of pocket expense, but today I rec'd more back than I used.  I came home with $18 in Up Rewards from Riteaid and $3 in Register Rewards for Walgreens.  So this was a wash.

For that $20.68 I purchased $219.63 worth of stuff for a savings of over 90%!  I was careful today to only buy things that we would use:



Here are some closeups and details:


The Airwick Room Deodorizers were 2/$7.99 with 2 $4 coupons --- FREE
The Gain Fabric Softener was $2.99 with $3 coupons --- FREE
The Resolve was $1.99 with $ 0.75 coupon and $1 Up Reward --- $ 0.25
The Lysol Wipes were $1.99 with $0.50 coupons and $1 Up Rewards and $1/2 Rebate --- FREE
The Osteo BiFlex was $9.99 with $6 coupon and $1 Up Reward --- $2.99
The Garnier Hair Products were 2/$7.00 with 2 $1 coupons and $5 Register Rewards --- FREE


The Smart Water was $1 with $0.75 coupons --- $ 0.25
The Triscuits/Wheat Thins were $1.99 less $5 when you buy 10 with $1.00 coupons --- $0.49 a box
The Franks Red Hot Sauce and BBQ Sauce was 3.99 with FREE coupons --- FREE
The Annies Macaroni & Cheese was included in above promotion with crackers --- $.049 a box


The Flossers were $2 with a @ Register Reward --- FREE
The Butterfinger Snacks were 2/$1.00 with $1/2 coupons --- FREE
The Easter Snickers Eggs were 2/$1 with $1/2 coupons --- FREE
The gloves were on sale for 2/$1.00 --- $1.00
The toothbrushes were on sale for $0.99 each with $2/2 coupons --- FREE
The M & M's were 2/$3.99 with 2 $1 coupons --- $0.99 a bag
The Mouthguard was regularly $32.99 on sale for $19.99 with a $5.00 coupon and $15 Up Rewards --- FREE


The Chex Mix was on sale for 3/$4.00 and I used $1 coupons --- $0.33 bag

The best thing about today's shopping trip is the MOUTHGUARD.  I have needed one for a very long time and the thought of paying the dentist $350 or so for a custom fit one was killing me.  So my dentist suggested I pick up one at the drug store until I felt like I could afford the custom one.  That was 4 months ago and I still hadn't purchased one because even $33 seemed like an expense to me. Last week, I was going to bite the bullet and buy one when I saw the notification that they would be on sale this week!  And FREE on top of that!  That was totally a GOD thing and I am so grateful! 

1 comment:

Kim said...

Wow !!! What great deals you got!! I love to coupon too, but it's a part time job just getting it all together!! Thanks for sharing:)
~Kim

Blog Archive