2.22.2011

Retreat Recap...

Oh, so much to share with you all today!

First a recap of my scrappin' weekend with the girls - I had a great time with my buddies, but it was one of those weekends --- things were just a bit off and I had my share of craziness...

-I lost my credit card - who knows where it is.....
-Spilt my full extra hot starbucks latte on the floor of my buddies car....
-Lost my favorite scissors...
-Couldn't get in the groove and did a lot of sitting around and staring at my stash
-Had no internet access and very bad phone reception...
-Found out that my son broke his heel...bummed me out all day

BUT....

-I completed 20 layouts, 17 cards, and 2 altered items
-Ate some super good food and snacks -- all with NO calories in them
- Found my scissors!
-Laughed, cried, and fellowshipped with my new and old friends and that made it ALL worth it!

Love all my buddies who are there for me - thanks friends!

See that look on Tenaya's face?  We threw her a surprise baby shower  - it was so much fun!





When we get together, we always do some fun challenges and games (usually at 11pm to wake us back up!) --- this year in addition to a Round Robin and the Grab Bag game, we played:

Bossy Scrapper --- someone creates a list of 8-10 items and then gives you them one every 5 minutes while you are creating.  Your finished layout has to have all the items visible on it!  Here are the 2 I completed during Bossy Scrapper (btw - they are my favorite layouts of the weekend!)

The 8 requirements for the first one were:
you had to use two different fonts, a punch, bling, twine, sticker, something from the person on your left, stitching, and a shape:


The 8 requirements for the second one were:  a sticker, a doily, a flower, fabric, something vintage, a pocket, cardstock and something borrowed from someone across the room:


I'll be back later today with some more scrappiness and some fun reminders!




3 comments:

Sandra said...

WOW! I would love a weekend of creating 20 pages! sorry about all the stress - but looks like there was a lot of fun and good too!
Sandra ltb

Kim B said...

By the time I got home you couldn't even smell the wonderful Latee scent you left in my car!! Thank you so much for the GREAT Scrapping lessons...I learned so much this weekend! Love you and it was great hanging with you! Can't wait until April...

Erica Hettwer said...

Oh, I'm so glad you found your scissors!!! 20 pages!!! You rock! I was super thrilled with my 12. I had so much fun and I'm so glad you invited me to the retreat and into your home. Thank you, friend!!!! :D

Blog Archive