1.01.2011

A New Month - A New Year - A New Challenge!

Happy New Year!  I'm not one to make resolutions because I really think that if something is worth doing, it is worth doing now, not waiting till a New Year.  But....with that said.... there are a few things that I am going to start doing and a few things I am going to stop doing.  Here is my list for documentation sake:

- I am going to become a Krazy Coupon Lady.  I have always been a sale shopper, but nothing compared to this.  So, starting next week, I will have a new title:  Kim - the Krazy Coupon Lady follower!  So for any of my local buddies who throw away your coupons out of the Sunday Paper ---- don't!  Save them for me and give me a call.  I will gladly come pick them up!

- I am going to do my best to live within my budget.  From now on - thanks to the first item on my list - I will stick to the spending money alloted us in the weekly budget.  So that the end of the year I just might have the money in my savings account that my annual budget tells me I should have!

- I am going to spend more time having fun with my family.  This means the little things.  Movie time, game time, lego time (if I have to) and just basically giving them more of me.

- I am going to start budgeting my time better so that I can do the above item!  This means that if it's not on my schedule or easily added, I won't be doing it!

- I am going to focus on making sure that I do my best work EVERY time I sit down to create. 

- I am going to take time to hang with my friends! hehehe - this is something that I already do, but it needs to be on my list to be sure I continue!  I love my girlfriends and they just make me smile!

*******************************

Okay, enough about me!  You are probably here looking for the new Imaginisce Challenge!  We have a brand new design team and we are going to switch up the monthly challenge just a bit!  This month the challenge is all about repurposing items that we already have in our stash!  You can find all the details of the challenge and prize on the Imaginisce Blog, but first let me share with you my project!

I started with some old notebooks that I found at the local thrift store:


and added some of my favorite scraps of Imaginisce papers! 



The one on the left is the perfect travel companion to keep in my purse!  The Scooter's Vacation line is still my favorite travel line ever!  I think I will take it with me to LA at the end of the month to document all my adventures!  And you know that I will have quite a few at CHA this year between traveling with the Groves and working with Lori at the Imaginisce Booth, who knows what is going to happen! 

The one on the right is going to sit on my scrappin' desk to keep track of all my ideas and assignments!  The new spring line, Garden Party, is super sweet! 

How this works:  Leave me a comment here on this post and you will be entered into the prize drawing.  Visit all the participating designer's blog and leave them comments for additional chances to win.  You will find a list of those who are participating on the Imaginisce Blog today!  In addition, if you play along with the challenge and upload your repurposed item you will have a chance to win an even bigger prize at the end of the month!

80 comments:

ruth said...

Really cute note pads!

And FYI...you are going to love couponing! :) It's kind of addictive and at first you end up with a VERY full pantry...then you get a little more discerning and begin donating to a food pantry if it's a great deal and you personally won't use it.

Manhattan Mandie said...

I love those notepads!!! They are so sweet. I love the Scooter's Vacation line too :)

Sue said...

Cute notebooks Kim!! I need to do the coupon thing too! I saw on tv that the couple with sextuplets only spends $300/month on groceries! I'm way off the mark on that!!

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Wow, seems you have some goals this year... good for you, Go get'em girl. Love your lil notebooks they are adorable & perfect for keeping organized!

Staci
Staci412 at optonline dot net

Karen Pinsonat said...

I wish I could become a crazy coupon lady, but I just can't do it!
love the notebooks, too cute!

Cindylu2u said...

Excellent idea, and love the fact your using scraps!!

XXOO AMY said...

great idea!

Jenn K said...

What great notebooks!

Colleen said...

Love your notepads. They are so cute.

sandyh50 said...

I love the notebooks! I cut coupons as much as I can living in a small town, I figure every little bit helps!

Pinky said...

YEA this is so fun!

carrie said...

I decided to do couponing too...now to get organized....maybe I will alter some folders and notebooks to help me do that!

Khristen said...

Cute little notepads! I am totally on the coupon wagon, I saved over a thousand dollars this year! Keep track of it on paper, then at the end of the year, you too can be amazed at the actual amount you've saved (and hubby will start helping you cut them when he realizes it's the only way he gets to go hunting/fishing/whatever LOL) Happy New Year!

Carol said...

Love the paper used to recycle the notepads! TFS

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Great idea, who wouldn't want to write notes in there.

Leah Crowe said...

I need to get back on the coupon band wagon.. I love having a full pantry/freezers when I am on the wagon.. good luck and have fun doing it! PS.. the notebooks are super cute!

Leti (iluv2craft) said...

those lil notebooks came out adorable. that is such a great idea! ~following

Reneeleeak said...

Your altered notepads are adorable! Thanks for the idea.
Happy New Year!
reneeleeak at yahoo dot com

Cathy H. said...

Such pretty notebooks! I think I'll make one to keep by my camera!

Kelly Sas said...

I so believe in using coupons to save money! You are going to love the results. Love altering notepads and love yours. Great gifts to give and receive.

Amy said...

Love the re-vamped notebooks. Both are super cute and I love the ribbons!

Melissa D. said...

I just became a follower! I love your goals for the year and your altered item!

scrappin_in_AK said...

cute notebooks Kim = I definitely could dowith a few of those

Brittney said...

These notebooks are adorable!

And, I'm your newest follower =)

Kristal said...

Love these altered notepads! I'm always looking for new ideas to make teachers gifts look original ... TFS

Paper Dolls said...

These are really cute, I would love to have one.... Thanks for showing us your creative ideas!

Kim said...

I LOVE how you did these!! TFS! I am a follower. GOOD LUCK couponing!! Have a GREAT Day,
Me-Ma Kim

Sophia said...

Super cute notepads...

Lydia said...

I just love these little note books such a great idea!! WOuld be perfect for right beside the phone!! Happy New Year Girl!!

Rhonda V. said...

Great idea for those notebooks!!! You have inspired me to create a crafty journal! It's a lot more inspirational than a Google Calendar... gah!

Happy New Years to you and yours!!!

lesleyw1 said...

couponing is sooo much work, but good for you!! would love to do it one day. cute idea for the note pads too.

Candi Ladwig said...

a wonderful teacher gift!

Kathy said...

Those notebooks are uber-cute cute cute! And not too difficult, either! You are going to have such a GREAT time at CHA! I am so jealous! Best wishes for the New Year, and hope you can achieve all those great resolutions!

me said...

so cute!

Cassie_lu said...

love what you did to those pads and good luck with your goals for the year

mimisimon said...

I really like this idea.

Sherri Thompson said...

Kim, these are adorable! I love that they are USEFUL, too-so many of the altered items that I make are home decor,not really useful. These notebooks are the perfect "fix"! TFS

stephanie said...

Very cute
I love these little books

Chelle said...

Great job with the notebooks. Happy New Year

Kris said...

What a great idea for using up scraps!

Sandi said...

I love repurposing thrift store items....great job on the notebooks!

Auntie Em said...

Love how you altered the notebooks. Great PPs for both. Only problem is they are too cute to be tucked into a pocket or purse! :D
Happy New Year and thanks for sharing! :o)

joni said...

Those are fabulous!!! I love that you're going to be a crazy coupon lady! I used to be semi crazy about it when my kids lived at home and ate me out of house and home and I've decided to get back into it! I enjoy it..kind of a game you know? Love the rest of your *resolutions*...I've been thinking the same things! Thanks!!! Happy New Year!
hugs,
joni

ErinJean said...

That is such a great idea! I have a ton of notebooks lying around, I'm gonna have to give this a try!

Tracey Taylor said...

These are simply adorable! happy new year!

Drayia said...

Wish they made coupons for bulk items. I am a bulk buyer because of the size of my family and how quickly we can go through things. Love your note books.
http://drayia.blogspot.com/

Janet Z said...

Very cute note pads!

Nicolle Kramer said...

What a neat idea!..i am definitely going to do a couple of these...thanx for the inspiration..:)

nicolle@nicollelovesscrapbooking.com

Becky said...

I love notes books so this is a great idea

mommyof5kidz said...

Coupons are addictive! Almost like...the more you save, the more your adrenaline will flow! It is awesome! I love lov elove to shop with coupons! LOL...KRAZY...I know...but fun! so Good luck!
Love your notebooks, too!

SpunkyOne said...

Cute Notebooks! Couponing isn't bad at all, you'll enjoy it!

HAPPY 2011
DEBI

2spunky4u@bresnan.net

VinDeeLoo said...

Very nice. I like coupons too - usually to Hobby Lobby, Michaels, JoAnne's, etc (you get it)! :)

VinDeeLoo
vndlewis at rocketmail dot com

Kim A. said...

I love the notebooks. The Scooters vacation line is so adorable. (going to put a notebook in my craft room....love that idea!) Good luck with the couponing!!

jss3 said...

Very cute.

My Hideaway said...

The notepads are such a great idea, and they turned out beautiful! I love coupons I hardly ever miss a Sunday paper; some people tell me it is silly, but I save a good chunk of money every time I go to the grocery store!

Happy New Year
Olivia
ojdorman at gmail dot com

Melanie said...

Super cute notepads...great gift idea too!

Denine said...

I love the notebooks. Super cute. It seem more fun to write in notebooks that make you smile.
:)
I am not good about coupons because I am more of a costco shopper. I notice you are PNW and so am I, so if you want my Sunday Coupons, well less Joann and M's (when they get inserted.. haha)feel free to contact me!
Many happy wishes for the new year.
Denine

Gypsyangel said...

Great idea for the notepads, they look gorgeous.

xoxo
Karen

Melx:) said...

Love your notebooks....I have given them as gifts and they are always well received....love your blog - Mel x (melfield.blogspot.com)

Pammejo said...

Love the idea, great project!

Liz said...

So cute loving it. And couponing can keep extra in ur pocket prices r on the rise....

Sharon Peele said...

Love your notepads!! And good luck on your New Years Resolutions, I know I'm going to need it for mine!!

Jessica said...

Very cute :) Thanks for the chance to win

Chereazy said...

Adorable! I love these!! Thanks for sharing this with us.

KarenB said...

These look amazing! I love how a little splash of product can totally transform something so plain.

Paul said...

Love your notebooks!!

Carlene said...

What a great idea! Love it!

connie said...

love the notepads!

Karey said...

I really like the one with the flowers.

Michelle said...

I LOVE the covered notebooks!! Have a great time at CHA!!!

GreenScrap said...

That is so cute!! Someone gave one of those mini agendas that aren't that pretty and I was thinking about doing something like this!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Ann said...

I love what you did with your notebooks. Very cute! Best wishes with your goals - you sound very disciplined.

Sherri said...

OMG! those are just darling. love it. great gifts.

Sam said...

Love the note pads, sooooo cute!

Amanda said...

ADORABLE!!!!!

doris said...

Very cute revamp! Love that it looked so ordinary before and so fun and fresh after. :-D Now I'm thinking I gotta revamp the plain blue covered daily planner I have for the new year. :-D Thanks for the inspiration!

scrappinhero said...

I ADORE thrift stores for my re-conditioning projects! Your lil tablets are so stinkin cute. Thanks for sharing.

Aimee said...

Very cute!!

Tonya said...

I love Scooters Vacation too, cute notepads!

cindy said...

Cute note pads. Congrats on being on the new 2011 DT's.

Blog Archive