12.17.2010

Feeling Under the Weather...

... again.  Normally, I embrace my sick days and figure it's the Lord's way of making me slow down and recoup --- but, today I need the yuckos to just go away.  With Christmas a week away, I really think this is the most unprepared I've been in the last 7 years!  Feeling like I could lie in bed all day is just not helping.  It's just not physical either, mentally I'm in the same funk.  Just feeling the blahs --- I have zero Christmas spirit, zilch, nada, absolutely none.  I think Jordan is right, without a real tree in the house, it just doesn't smell like Christmas.  So, that is solution number 1 --- tonight we go buy a cut Christmas tree and put it up in the family room.  It may not help, but it's worth a try.  Other than that - lots of tylenol and maybe a drink or two!  What do you think? 

The one thing that I had lots of fun with this Christmas was little Miss Emma's Christmas present.  She is getting a kitchen center for Christmas and a friend of mine - thanks, Kelli! - got me hooked on creating felt food.  Luke, Jordan & I have spent the last month or so creating all these goodies. 


Here are some closeups:

Breakfast - poptart, pancakes, bacon and fried eggs:



Lunch time - bread with peanut butter & jelly, lunch meat, lettuce, cheese, onion, cucumbers & tomato:



Dinner stuff - chicken legs, ravioli, pizza, quesidilla, carrots, and peas:





Some fruit - strawberries, banana, oranges, watermelon, and kiwi:



and some snacks - potato chips, sugar cookies, creamcicles, donut, and s'more stuff,



I already have other things in my head to create -- but they will have to wait till her birthday!

5 comments:

Ann said...

Sorry to hear your are not feeling well.
Your felt food creations are so adorable - I'm sure your little sweetie is going to have a super time cooking up stuff for her mom and dad!

juliem said...

Kim, the food looks great. Emma is going to love it.

Patti said...

These are all so adorable! Makes me wish my boys' were little again so I could make some too!
I, too , have been feeling ooky the last 3 days - I really need to kick some butt to get done what I need to get done.
Hope you feel better real soon!
Merry Christmas!

Jennifer said...

Those turned out SO cute! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Lydia said...

This is so incredibly awesome, I want to make these for my little ones grocery store wow wow wow.

Blog Archive