10.21.2010

Proud Mother Moment - or two - or three!

Never a day goes by when I'm not proud of my kids.  Most of those moments happen quietly between us and I tell them "good job" or "well done". Because honestly, they never cease to amaze me.  They are kind, considerate, responsible, smart and talented and most of the time I am in awe of who they are and who they are becoming.  It's quite humbling to know that they are amazing kids and that no matter how many times I think that I'm a terrible parent, they still learn to adapt.  They are who they are and I am so proud of each and every one of them.

However, every once in a while, something happens and I get to shout my pride from the rooftops.  Today is one of those days.  A few posts ago, I told you all about the fantastic game that Jordan and her team from Northwest University played against Concordia.  With the help of her defense, she was on fire in the goal and she played one of her best games ever for Northwest University.  Turns out I wasn't the only one that thought so.  On Monday, she was awarded the Cascade Conference Defensive Player of the Week and on Tuesday, she was awarded the National  Defensive Player of the Week.  To top it off, the Seattle Times even wrote about her and the award in the sports brief yesterday.  I know that she isn't comfortable with the attention and that she wishes they could award the honors to her whole defense, but I am stinkin' proud of her!  The fact that she wants to share it with her defense and just wants to get back in the goal and play some more --- that is even more awesome. 

So, just for the record --- I love you Jordan and I couldn't be more proud of the person you are!

No comments:

Blog Archive