4.21.2010

Wedding Pics & a Mini-Album Tutorial!

Well, it's about time --- been married almost 24 years and still no wedding album! There is an explanation. Our wedding was low budget and we had no formal photographer and what I ended up with was a big pile of crappy snapshots - none of which really do anything to help me remember the day.

But, when I received this wonderful product from Imaginisce, I knew it was time to do a little something with at least a few of my photos! Love & Cherish is a gorgeous black & white product line that is perfect to pair with any wedding photos!

Kim - Love & Cherish - Our Wedding Day Mini Cover

I only had a few photos and they were all low quality and not able to be enlarged. So, I decided to make my own 6 x 6 album. You can't really tell from the above photo, but each page of my album contains some filler between 2 pieces of paper stitched together. This creates fun dimension and a cushion to each page.

Supplies needed:

12 pieces of 6 x 6 patterned paper
6 pieces of foam batting or thick fabric 5.5 x 5.5
Sewing machine
2 rings - can be any size over 1 inch
12 tags - can be any size
Misc embellishments & ribbon

Step #1 - Gather all supplies and determine order of paper



mini 1

Step #2 - I usually use regular batting for the stuffing --- but I had a scrap of fleece left over from another project. It worked perfect.

mini2

Step #3 - Working on wrong side of a 6 x 6 sheet - evenly place & adhere both tags so that top of tags stick out about 1 to 1.5 inches. Make sure to measure the distance from the bottom of the tags to the edge of the paper so that you can make every page the same.

mini 3

Step #4 - place batting on top of tags.

mini4

Step 5 - Place top piece of patterned paper on top and stitch all the way around the edge. Pull bottom thread to top and tie off.

Step 6 - Repeat for all 6 pieces of mini album.

mini5

Step #6 - Insert rings and decorate!

mini6

Here are the inside pages:




Kim - Love & Cherish - Mini 1




Kim - Love & Cherish - Mini 2




Kim - Love & Cherish - Mini 3




Kim - Love & Cherish - Mini 4




Kim - Love & Cherish - Mini 5

12 comments:

Sassette said...

Love this unique way to creating the album. I love the tag idea.....as binding. Awesome work! Love this collection of papers as well!

Nicole said...

This is a FABULOUS tutorial, Kim!! I have a TON of those tags.... ;)

Lucy Chesna said...

this rocks..I love the tag idea

Bev said...

great tutorial... the pages are fabulous .. the colouring stunning and rich... beautiful

mustangkayla said...

What a pretty mini!

LisaM said...

Awesome idea and great tutorial Kim! You rocked it!

Vicki said...

Kim, your mini album is gorgeous!

Jennifer Moore said...

Your album turned out awesome! I like the idea of cushioning the pages.

JustJules said...

Awww...those were the days! Brings back so many memories for me! Gotta love the 80s and those of us who got married then and are still married to the same person!! Beautiful job!

~jan said...

What a lovely little mini you have made, Kim!

Ann Jobes said...

Your album is gorgeous and I think it's great that this line of paper inspired you to get those photos into an album. Even without a professional photographer you got quite a few pictures of your day. Great job & I hope you & dh cherish the album, and that your kids eventually consider it an heirloom.

lkeener said...

Wow Wow Wow! Amazing album, Kim!

Blog Archive