3.01.2010

It's Sketch Time!

I'm so excited for another fun blog hop today! It's the first of the month and it's time to show you the new fun sketch by the Imaginisce Design Team! This month's sketch was created by Erin Bassett and it was tons of fun to work with!


Sketch1-ErinBassett



I love these fun sketches with multiple small photos because it gives me a push to pull out some of those old photos I have - you know the ones, the ones before digital --- when all we had was a little instamatic camera and you got what you got. Remember those days? Well, I have boxes of not so great photos --- mostly of Travis & Jordan when they were little. Adorable stuff, but small glossy photos, some blurry, most with busy backgrounds. I knew nothing about setting the scene, planning the attire, or changing the settings. But, memories non-the-less.

For his sketch, I went with some cake pics of Travis' first birthday -- 21 years ago!


cake



Look how cute he was! I can remember that day --- The first real birthday party I'd ever given.

On a design note:

Check out those tiny little yellow dots - don't you just love them? They were the leftovers of my punched border strip. After I punched that strip, my desk looked like it was covered in fun yellow confetti! I couldn't resist adding them to my birthday layout.


MSCraftPunchScallopDot



You can find the punch in the store over at A WALK DOWN MEMORY LANE!

So here is the deal --- leave me a comment on this post for your chance to win a prize pack from Imaginisce! Make sure to head on over to the Imaginisce Blog -- you will find a list of all the designers who are participating in the sketch reveal today. You can get even more chances to win by commenting on their blogs too! Plus you will be totally inspired by all their creativity!

And don't forget to play along! We all want to see you work the sketch too!

49 comments:

Gina said...

Kim, that LO is Cute, the pics are just darling . . . I just might have to lift your take on the sketch, Birthday theme and all! Aweosme LO!!! :)

cindyn said...

Kim,
I LOVE your blog-you have the best layouts. And I would say that even if your weren't having a give away!:)

Betty said...

love the sketch and I am hoping to get this one done in the next couple of days....love you take on the sketch!!!!

Laurie! said...

Your take on the sketch is absolutely fantastic!!

Samantha T. said...

Love your take on the sketch, so pretty!

DaniH said...

Absolutely adorable....

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Super cute layout Kim!!

Mary Ellyn said...

I really think this sketch is great and can't wait to use it in a layout.

Alison Day said...

such a cute layout!! love the border punch too!

anazelia said...

fabulous layout.

Penny Smith said...

I just love this layout! It was one of my favorites! :)

Am I allowed to say that? LOL!

Robyn VanDerHeyden said...

LOVE IT!!! Love the little banners, and I love that you used the leftover confetti from your punch. genius.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh-- he's so cute! Fabulous layout!

Grandma Audrey!

Anonymous said...

Travis is so cute! Love that layout!

JustJules said...

This layout totally feels like a birthday cake! Beautiful interpretation! Thanks for the inspiration!

Vanessa Glass said...

Cute layout! I like that you use the leftover holes from the punch.

Janelle said...

Such a great page!!! Great photos!!! Love the banners and the camera paper is so cute!!!

Christine said...

What a great idea for the confetti! Cute pictures, too!

Julie said...

Great job! Awesome use of the leftover dots!

Karine MB said...

Great take on the sketch...cute!

Brittney said...

I think this one is my fav layout - simply precious!

Manhattan Mandie said...

So cute! The little banners are great :)

pdrnc said...

Great use of those little dots! Really nice LO.

Suzuki said...

Love the little twist with the birthday banner you added to this sketch! Great idea!

Creative Char said...

Love your layout! So cute!

Clare said...

Such a cute LO!!! love the colours. Hugs Clare xxx

colombean said...

great design, dots and flowers!

Susana said...

Wouuu this LO is so cute I love the colors thanks for share and hugs from México!

Wendy Crowe said...

Great use of the confetti! I would never have thought to use that...lol. It usually just ends up in the vacuum...lol

mica said...

What an adorable page! Love your idea of confetti. I will give it a try. Thx for the great idea.

Michele said...

Love your layout, especially the miniature banners.

Teresa Jaye said...

Love your take on this month’s sketch, can’t wait to play with it!

Jamie Simms said...

I really love your take on it. So cute!

Melis said...

Love your take on the sketch! Fabulous page!

Yara said...

Love your take on the sketch! Great LO!

jude said...

such a cute LO. Love it!

Lynette C said...

Love your take on the sketch. Love the banners and the punch border ideas. A lovely layout.

Robin said...

This is such an adorable LO. I love the striking red background. Cute!

kshand said...

Kim, this is just adorable!! Love the addition of the little yellow circles. I have to stop throwing mine in the trash :) Thanks for the inspiration.

Carla Clark said...

You are amazing - you made this simple sketch spectacular!

kim.mom said...

ADORABLE LO!!! Love all the details!

Sophia said...

You did a great job with the sketch, love it...

Anita said...

The punched circles are a great idea!

KellyG said...

TOO cute! Love those borders! Great lo!

Kimberly S said...

What a fabulous Birthday Layout! Love the colors, and the elements you chose to add. :)

Dress To Scrap said...

Cute boy! Beautiful layout!

Jennifer Moore said...

The layout turned out super cute.

Esther Aw said...

always filled with surprises when i visit your blog! great take on the sketch!

The Cropping Canuck said...

You'd never know those pictures are 21 years old. The layout looks great.

Blog Archive