2.17.2010

RETREAT RECAP!

Of course, I had a fabulous time at the retreat this weekend! 3 full days and nights of scrappin' and hanging out with some of the funnest, sweetest and talented ladies I know. How could it have been anything but fabulous? I thought I would share a snapshot of our work space ---


retreat3




retreat2




retreat1



Can you see outside those windows? It's gorgeous! Of course it was raining and we only ventured outside once for a walk, but the grounds are fabulous. Over 50 wooded acres all fenced it with a lake in the middle! The kitchen is equally wonderful with industrial size ovens, refrigerators and supplies. I am actually in the kitchen when I was taking the photos --- that is how close it is! The bunk houses are right outside and again---- clean and comfortable, with full size mattresses!

It's truly a wonderful facility!

I relaxed, I created, I ate, I visited ---- but best of all, I laughed ---- non-stop! There was so many fun moments that it's impossible to re-cap them all. I laughed with old friends and with new friends and enjoyed every moment of every day!

I got lots done --- most of which I can't share with you yet --- but there were a few things that I did just for me. Let's see:

I love this picture of Emma in her Seahawk Outfit:


my sweed Seagal



and this one of David when he was in middle school:


mug shot



this one of Chase & Jack --- this is also a layout for the SKETCH-a-Thon over at My Sketch World:


dog tired



this one is of the CUPCAKERY that we visited in Orange, CA:


cupcaskery



this one of Jordan was quick & easy:


mentor



and this one was created by playing a game with the other girls on Sunday night. We all put 8 items in a paper bag and then drew out 8 new items. We then had 25 minutes to create a layout using all 8 items. Game was the inspiration of Tami! I got lucky, all my items coordinated nicely!


apple of my eye



Then some quick & easy cards with some scraps:

thanks cardhello cards

love mushroom cardso sweet card

I have a few more things to share, but those will have to wait for another day!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

It was so good seeing you! Love the challenge ... how fun is that?! (Bummed I missed it!)

mustangkayla said...

Where was the retreat at? Love your l/o's and cards!

Gina said...

WOW! You must work fast because there is no way I'd ever be able to get all that done . . . I'm S L O W!!! :) Great Work Kim!

Cindy said...

Love your work! The Cupcakery LO is absolutely gorgeous. I'm glad I stumbled onto your blog.

Jenny said...

These are all great Kim

Anonymous said...

you rocked the layouts kim!! and those cards are stinkin' cute! great pictures!!! ~pamela

sarah said...

that retreat looks like TONS of fun! thanks for sharing those photos!

love your latest work. you are totally on a roll, my friend!

have a great weekend
hugs,
sarah.

toni-n-tn said...

As always, your work amazes me, but even more so your love of life and laughter. What a great retreat to experience! You rock, gf.

Blog Archive