10.31.2009

Happy Halloween!

I really never get into all the Halloween prep and planning --- but I love to see my kids having fun and using their creative sides! They are responsible for their costumes and it was fun for me to watch the process evolve. We made our last stop at Goodwill today --- where we found the cowboy hat for 75 cents and an old grass hula skirt for 60 cents (this turned into the straw for the scarecrow)!

Here is what they ended up with:

Luke was an adorable scarecrow -

scarecrow 2

scarecrow 1

Chase was a handsome cowboy -

cowboy 1

cowboy 2

Austin & Jordan were volunteers at the church Harvest Party and went as Thing 1 & Thing 2 ---- the picture doesn't show their cute handmade kites --- very creative!

thing 2 1

thing 1 2

and the extend of our participation in Halloween, courtesy of Jordan and her face-painting skills:

flower children

We didn't even get our pumpkins carved until last night --- and it was bittersweet for me. No one needed me to help them --- they all cleaned, planned and carved their own. This was the first year in 23 years, that I didn't have to help someone carve -- the beginning of a new season in my life.

luke knife 2

goop 1

hard at work1

hard at work 2

Even Cooper tried to get in the fun:

coop pumpkin 1

Okay --- maybe he didn't WANT to be in the fun:

coop pumpkin 2

He certainly wasn't interested in posing for a family photo:

cut take

halloween 5-7

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Looks like so much fun, Kim!!

Tiffany said...

The kids costumes were great!

Blog Archive