8.21.2009

I wish....

... I could snap out of the funk I woke up in 3 days ago! Ugh --- is all I have to say about that! So much going on with so many people these days that I think I am finally feeling the weight of the economy and the state of affairs around the area. Even though we are blessed that David still has a great job -- I just feel the weight of a dwindling savings account and too many financial choices that seem to be jumping up to bite us these days! I know that it is all in the Lord's plan and hands --- But, we definitely need to be better stewards of our resources! It's so hard, when we want to do things --- especially head down to Missouri. One day, I'm all ready to charge it and go into more debt and the next, I'm telling David there is no way we can go. Well --- I'm sure we are all in the same boat in one way or another!

On a lighter note - I have been spending some hours helping Brooke at the Urban Scrapbooker and that has made my mood happier! She is getting tons of new stuff in from CHA Orders and if you are from around the area --- you NEED to check it out! Here are a few things I created for the store with some new halloween paper by My Mind's Eye:

be yourself

Yep --- that's the new Halloween paper! I absolutely fell in love with the back sides and it was sooooo perfect for this fun vintage layout!

She also got the other new Halloween line from My Mind's Eye --- the more whimsical one:

halloween

halloween cards 1

halloween cards 2

Those googly eyes are on springs! My boys loved them!

In other fun scrapping arenas --- the Scrap Tiffany Blog has a new challenge up this week! Well, it actually started on Monday, but I am a bit behind! But, no worries because you have all month to play along in order to qualify for the drawing for one of her kits! Let me tell you --- YOU WANT HER KITS! I just rec'd the July & August Kits in the mail and they are fabulous! I am saving them to work on while I'm hanging out in the hospital with my mom after her surgery.

Anyway the challenge this week was to create a layout about your bucket list. Now, I don't have one and really never even thought about having one. Not that I don't have things in life that I plan to do --- I just never thought of them in that way. So, being the rebel that I am.... (not).... I did a layout about NOT having a BUCKET LIST!

bucket list

and last but not least.... a couple of cards that I created for the ABC Crop over at My Sketch World.

L is for Lime & Lace:

lime lace card

N is for Numbers:

whatcha up to card

7 comments:

Patti said...

My hubby has been in the same funk as you for the last few weeks. We BOTH feel we need to become better stewards of what God has given us - but it's so hard when things keep creeping in (is that Satan?).
Love the LO's - great job & great way to relieve some of the "funk feeling"

wendyp said...

Your layouts and cards are all amazing! I'm not normally a sucker for Halloween but I am LOVING those papers! Those googly eye bats....how CUTE!!!

(hugs) times are definitely scary right now.

Marcie said...

I just bought the spiderweb papers from MME, aren't they just beautiful! Love your layouts, they are just beautiful!

Sheri (Aunt Re Re) said...

Love those layouts and cards! The Halloween papers are great!

Tammy said...

Rest in the Lord my friend - HE is in control! Love your 'no bucket list' layout!

Tiffany said...

Love the halloween papers! That vintage layout is wonderful!

As far as the economy thing goes, I know how you feel. Things are crazy around here. Shad actually talked about up an moving us to Alaska in the spring! I can't think of anything worse. I couldn't do my business from there, because of the shipping costs. Life is just really crazy right now, I can't till things lighten up a bit. Keep your chin up!

cindy said...

Great cards. Love the one with the lace and the ribbon bow. The vintage layout is amazing. UR awesome Kim.

Blog Archive