6.22.2009

More LOAD Layouts!

I managed to get my week #3 layouts done! Here you go:

Layout #1 --- is for a challenge over at the Scrap-Diner from Dina---using a mask and Maya Mist:

superstar

Layout #2 --- is also for ac challenge over at the Scrap-Diner using Jenni Bowlin products:

resilient

The journaling reads:

You are tough, flexible, forgiving and resilient – you proved it this year. Feeling like I needed to go back to work, I put you boys in school. A good school – but one that wasn’t equipped to help you learn – one that wasn’t willing to deal with your dyslexia – one that was willing to let you fail instead of going the extra mile. It was apparent after just a week of classes. So, I pulled you out and put you with a private tutor – one that came highly recommended. She was tough – and prepared to help. You toughed it out with her for 2 months before I realized that she was sucking the life right out of you. So, I pulled you out and placed you in a school that specialized in helping kids with dyslexia. It was a good place; had good teachers and you liked it there. But after 2 months, it was clear that I was working full time just to pay your tuition – and the reality was that I was a better teacher for you. Homeschooling was just what we did. Why didn’t I see it sooner? Why wasn’t I content being a stay-at-home mom and teacher? Whatever the reason – I am thankful that I finally saw the right path. But most of all, I am thankful that you are tough, flexible, forgiving and…

Layout #3 --- A layout for me with a picture of a new scrappin buddy, Leslie. Keep Leslie and her family in your prayers, she lost her mom unexpectantly on Saturday.

friends-computer

Layout #4 --- Another layout for me -- love this pic of Luke that I got at the park with my huge lens - he had no idea I was taking it --aren't those the best pics?

animal magnet

Layout #5 --- A layout for fun using some old Cosmo Cricket -- man, do I love this paper!

cheesey chase

Layout #6 --- This layout didn't quite turn out hte way I envisioned it -- there is always one in every set of layouts I do. But, I do love this pic of Chase!

my Joker

Yes, I am one layout short --- I actually made it but it is a DT layout and I can't share it yet!

4 comments:

Michelle Lanning said...

awesome layouts! thanks for sharing!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Great layouts Kim!!!

SherryGrove said...

great layouts, Kim! tell me about your experience with the misting on cardstock. When I tried it, it buckled my paper. Did you have that, too? How did you get it to flatten out?

Valerie Chmielak said...

AWESOME LO's Kim!! I am always SO inspired by you!

Blog Archive