4.29.2009

National Scrapbooking Day!

Yep-it's almost here! Saturday is the day that every scrapbooker celebrates! A day to veg out in our scrap spaces or at crops with our friends and celebrate the fact that we create! Isn't life great? I love that we have a "day" in our honor. Funny thing is though---I scrap like everyday was National Scrapbook Day!

This year, I will be missing out on the scrapping though --- but I will still be having a great time. David & I will be out on the Pacific Ocean on Saturday spending some quality time together. -- Hate to say it ladies, but that beats National Scrapbook Day! Did I just say that outloud? Ooooops.

But, you all should join in the fun! There is so much going on this weekend at all my favorite scrapping sites --- that I just have to share it all with you!

First over at Dixie Pieces they will be having an inpromptu party to celebrate! Here is the announcement:

***********************************************************************************

National Scrapbooking Day Event at DixiePieces.com
DixiePieces is offering challenges to get you scrapping this weekend in celebration of National Scrapbooking Day. All the April challenges in the forum will be extended, and two new challenges will be added on Saturday, May 2nd. The deadline for completing challenges will be Sunday night, May 3rd, at midnight PDT.

For each challenge completed, you will receive a ticket for the random prize drawing. What's the prize? A free June 2009 scrapbook kit! June? Wow! That's not even available for sale yet! But wait; there's more! In addition to receiving the June 2009 kit before it's available to anyone else, you will win the opportunity to be the June 2009 guest designer! Interested? Head on over to www.dixiepieces.com, and start completing those challenges!

***********************************************************************************

So you can get started early! The April monthly challenges are already posted and in full swing - so head on over and take a look and start scrapping! You can find them here. I received my June Kit in the mail yesterday and let me tell you ----It is FABULOUS! So, give it a try ladies, start scrapping now and then check on on Saturday for a couple more challenges. Every one you do gets you one step closer to receiving that great June Kit and being our June Guest Designer! I would love to design with you all -- so get your scrap on!

Next, head on over to the Scrap-Diner for more fun times!

Sher is being very secretive about the actual crop on Saturday, but I can tell you to be prepared for tons of fun! In addition, you will have the whole month of May to finish your challenges in order to qualify for the prize! So, this is one National Scrapbook Day crop that I will get to play in --- when I get back from vacation! You gotta love that!

Here is the announcement!

americanscrapstand

Finally, if you are local, head on over to the Urban Scrapbooker in Edmonds, for a fun party! Brooke will have door prizes, make & takes, and lots of sale items! She has just redone the store and gotten in a huge amount of new product! Check it out!

Whatever you do on National Scrapbooking Day --- have some extra fun for me!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I'm going to try to be at DP on NSD. Have fun on the ocean. I think I would choose a day like that over scrapping too. Besides 0 - I am sure you'll have some great photo ops ;)

Blog Archive