2.03.2009

As promised...

...some of the highlights of my trip. First let me say that I love to be at CHA - for those of you not familiar with that - it stands for the Craft & Hobby Association. CHA holds a trade show twice a year where all the craft manufacturers present their new releases and retails stores and designers get to shop and learn. Scrapbooking makes up 80% of the show, but there are booths with other craft products as well. I enjoy looking through all of them, but I keep my focus on the painting and scrapbooking ones.

This year I spent my time with Sher - and helped her shop for the Scrap-Diner. I was able to visit with lots of folks and even got to have lunch with Sherry, Brenna and Brooke. The atmosphere was a little different this year. You could definitely feel the bad economy hanging over everyone like a big, black cloud. The number of people there promoting their product was down, the amount buyers were spending was down, and the amount of the fun giveaways were down. There was still plenty to do and see - it was just not as happy as it usually is. There is trouble on the horizon and it was already apparent at the show. I hope that my favorite stores and manufacturers can weather the storm. It is a wait and see issue.

As far as my favorite things goes:

1- I fell in love with Basic Grey's new LIME RICKEY line. It is bright, cheerful and reminds me of the warm days of summer. You can see it here: http://www.basicgrey.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=97&page=1

2-Crate Paper didn't disappoint with 3 new collections that I love; Little Sprout, Lillian, & Orbit. You can check them out here: http://www.cratepaper.com/page/page/3692363.htm

3-Cosmo Cricket did it again with Snorkel. This line is perfect for the Pacific Northwest and again the bright colors just make me smile and think of warmer weather! http://www.cratepaper.com/page/page/3692363.htm ANother one of their lines that I love this time around is Girl Friday. I don't have much call to use girly stuff but this really appealed to me. http://www.qbaroo.com/cosmocricket/main.cfm?categoryoid=1&productoid=45

4-My Little Yellow Bicycle put out a few lines - but my favorite is their travel line - Fresh Print Traveler. I think what I love the most is all the embellishments that make working with their stuff so easy. Check them out here: http://www.qbaroo.com/cosmocricket/main.cfm?categoryoid=1&productoid=45 See those huge acrylic arrows! My favorite.

5-I liked Pink Paislee, October Afternoon, Dream Street Papers and quite a few others too---the list could go on & on!

Some of the manufacturers go all out decorating their booths - and there were those that really stood out to me.

1-Clip-it-Up is a company who makes innovative ways to display and store products. Their booth was so darn cute! It was completely retro and grungy and so much fun!

us in pink

2-ANother of my favorite booths was Graphic 45. I don't scrap with vintage type paper often, but I loved the decor in their booth!

mine4

mine7

kim phone

3-Cosmo Cricket had huge versions of their new "spinners" - they were fun too!

spin kim

for sure sher

So - all in all - the show was a good time - I even won a couple prizes!

Here are a few fun pics of SHer & I - just hanging out snapping self portraits!

pirate

rain forest

closeup

We hit Disneyland and California Adventure too - there was almost nobody there so we were able to get rides without waiting at all. That was really cool - but we ended up whizzing through there in less than a full day! Didn't spend too much time shopping but that turned out okay too- I was able to find something fun for everyone at the big gift store on our way out!

This was the only shot I really wanted - me & Tigger. Just something about Tigger that brings back great memories and makes me happy!

tigger

Other than Tigger, I was able to talk Sher into a pic with Mickey:

mickey

On the day before we left, we spent the afternoon in Orange - at the fabulous antique stores there. They are all over and so much fun to browse through. It was an adorable community and we could have spent a whole other day there if we had had the time!

There you go, my trip in a nutshell --- a great time but man is it good to be home.

3 comments:

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Looks like you had a great time. I love all the industry updates. Can't wait to see more:)

Valerie Chmielak said...

GREAT pics Kim!! Sounds like you had a good time!! Glad to hear you won some prizes again!

Blog Archive