12.17.2008

Pet Peeve

Can I just go on record and say that I think weather predictions are a farce and that forcasters shouldn't get paid if their forcasts are so wrong! We were told that we would get up to 6 inches of snow today ---- we got maybe an hours worth and at the most an inch. They even cancelled school today on the word of those forcasters and it didn't snow a flake until 4pm and then barely anything. I know that other areas got him harder--but really??? All they do is get our hopes up and then nothing! I understand that it is a tough science - but how can they always be so wrong?

The crud is making its way through the house again. I can't believe that I have another head cold. My throat is sore and my ears are clogging. TIme to get back on the nightly benadryl and the daytime Claritan. I have a feeling that this is going to be a long winter.

Braved the snow--haha--and headed up to church for my favorite Christmas activity, the 3 Wisemen Concert. They were fabulous as usual and it was great to get out and interact a bit and be reminded of God's Grace. That was what I really needed. To be reminded that no matter what I do or don't do, I am loved and saved by faith. That is the most powerful message for me. It isn't by my actions that I am saved---only by my belief and faith in God. I love that. It was wonderful to be reminded tonight. Of course, the concert was great and the kids had a wonderful time too.

If you've never heard them--



They are a mixture of fabulous music, impressions, comedy and scripture! If you ever get a chance to see them -- go!

Got my Christmas cards done today! Yeah---Costco photo cards and a Christmas letter coming your way soon!

No comments:

Blog Archive