10.19.2008

Sweet Sunday Morning

Here it is 11:00am on Sunday morning and I am still in my pajamas in my bed on my laptop-----I can't remember the last time I was so lazy. I am loving it! I have caught up on all my forums, browsed through some awesome galleries, made a list of stuff I want to accomplish at my retreat next weekend, responded to emails, and updated my calendar. Now that I've listed all that, I don't feel so lazy! But it has been wonderful to be able to do it all curled up in my cozy bed with Cooper! The kids are off at church and David is at work for a few hours and it's just me and my dog. Wow--visions of an empty nest. I think I will enjoy it for a few hours---but i know I will start to miss the chaos!

Jordan had another fabulous game last night with Northwest University scoring with only 34 seconds left in the game to win 1-0. Wow--it was tense. They are having a fabulous season and are headed to the post season for the first time in the women's soccer program's history. Love that Jordan is part of that. I will miss her next game on Friday night but I will be home and anxious for the quarter final game Halloween weekend. So exciting.

All the boys had great games yesterday too---and to top it off it was a beautiful fall day---sunshine and 60 degrees. Absolutely breathtaking with the changing leaves and the clear sky. Wow-I love autumn.

Had a break last week from all the contests that I have usually gotten myself involved in. I have to say---the break was nice, but I couldn't find my mojo anywhere. All I wanted to do was create a layout for myself and for the life of me, I couldn't seem to get excited about it. So, I went to Dixie Pieces and lifted one of the great layouts in the gallery by Bamabuttercup (don't you love that user name?) So here it is--not very elaborate--but I love it just the same.

best grandma ever

That's for you, mom, we love you! Thanks for dinner last night too---teh Outback was fabulous and quite a treat!

Thanks to everyone that voted this weekend too---I will know tomorrow if I rec'd enough votes to move on. I hope I did--I am really enjoying this blog site and all her fabulous crafty goodness. Don't forget to check her out: http://yourmemoriesbydesign.ca/phpBB2/index.php.

On a different note: I am trying out for a spot as a November Guest Designer on a Challenge Sketch Blog and I made it to the finals! Creatively Yours is a very fun blog with fabulous sketches by Noella. Check it out: http://creativelyyours.wordpress.com/. Tanisha and Rae both work with her sketches every month and it would be so cool and such an honor to get to hang out with them for the month! As a finalist, I will receive a sketch tomorrow morning and get a chance to design a layout from it as the final step in the selection process! Love this kind of stuff! Wish me luck!

Don't forget to come on over to Dixie Pieces for their birthday bash---going on all month!

And the Diner is having a clearance blow-out sale, so check that out too!

ANd be on the watch for some information on a new cause that I am taking on---Cards for Heroes! More info to come by Tuesday on that!

Have a sweet Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks that is sweet love mom

Blog Archive