8.29.2008

Fun Stuff!

I'm feeling a little under the weather today and have spent the whole day in my pajamas. To top it off, I took some Tylenol for a headache this afternoon and accidently took Tylenol PM instead. So, I have been in a semi-comatose state ever since!

Lots of stuff going on this weekend. The boys are on retreat at church and Jordan is on an overnight scavenger hunt at college. So David & I have an only child all weekend! He is already spoiled but he will basically get whatever he wants the whole time! In addition, we hope to get some stuff off our remodel list this weekend. My big item would be replacing the french doors in the kitchen with the new one. I think it will make a huge improvement. We are also going to tackle Jordan's bathroom. Pray for us that we get a lot done!

The Seahawks are on TV tonight and I forget how much I love to watch a good game. I can't wait for the real season to start. In addition, there is lots of talk about McCain's VP announcement. I usually stay away from political comments - but I have to say---she rocks! I don't necessarily mean politically--but as a woman and mother---she is impressive.

The big news tonight in my scrappy world is that I took 2nd place in the contest over at Scrap Love! I am so darn excited! I had a great time and the challenges were so much fun! I stepped out of my comfort zone and created things that were new for me! I never expected to end up in the top three - so it was an awesome surprise! Thanks to all the fabulous people over there who made it such a great contest! And kudos to Michelle & Jeri for finishing in the top three too! You should head over and check out their work! To make it even more fabulous, I won a $40 Gift Certificate! You gotta love that!

Been playing with some stuff on and off today---who knows how it's going to come out in my sleepy stupor but I will be able to post it tomorrow!

I did finish up a really cute mini book for the Scrap-Diner and their Viva La Friday Challenge. The Challenge is to make a quick & Easy small mini by Sunday! There are 4 other VLF Challenges this month too and there are still 2 days to get your stuff done and posted to qualify for the monthly prize!

home sweet home cover

home sweet home 1

home sweet home 2

home sweet home 3

home sweet home 4

Hope everyone has a great long weekend! Be safe!

Blog Archive