5.13.2008

Lots of scrappy news!

Great things happening over at the Scrap-Diner these days! There is just tons to tell you about!

***The Diner's new blog, the Diner's Daily Dish is hopping! There is a fabulous blog challenge for the month of May -- with a great RAK up for grabs!

***Luxe is the Manufacturer of the Month over at the Diner and we have just gotten word that they will be sponsoring a chat and a challenge --so stay tuned for more info on that to come!

***There are three (yes, three!)fabulous kits coming soon over at the Diner! They will debut on Thursday and our fabulous kit designers, the kittens, will be spotlighted on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the blog! Don't forget to take a peak!

***In addition, today is Think it Through Tuesday and a new question has been posted for your journaling pleasure!

Last week's question was - When was the last time you did something for the first time? Deep, huh? Well, I decided that I was going to take the plunge and start recording my answers journal style but in scrapbook form. I have recently been asked to play with some digital product and what better time than now! So, here is my answer to Question #1 --in digi format.

question #1

The products I used are from different misc. kits ---but I need to give credit to:
-Jackie Eckles - "THANKS"
-Correen Silke Designs
-Dixie Pieces - Spring Sherbert Alphas
-Tia Bennett - School in Spring
-C. Wallace - Matter of Scrap

**Just noticed that I have a mispelling in my journaling and even though it would be easy to fix--I'm not up to it! Makes it just like me - not perfect!

What else is happening in my little scrapbooking world?

***Very exciting news over at Dixie Pieces Kit Club. They are premiering their first ever digital kit on the 15th! The DT over there got a chance to play with it and learn some great techniques from the designer herself, Krista! Check out the sneak peek. It is such a great kit! I can't wait to show you the layouts I made with it--but, you'll have to wait till Thursday!

***I am working at the Urban Scrapbooker tomorrow for a few hours in the morning. If you are out and about---come on over and see me!

***And last but not least---here are a few layouts that I have done recently:

These first 2 were for a Viva La Friday challenge over at the Diner - to scraplift a design from the gallery. For this one, I lifted the fabulous Leah:

rub a dub dub

and for this one, I lifted that wonderful work of jdtscrapper. This picture is my oldest son, Travis last month while he was roofing our new addition! He's definitely not my baby anymore!

I want you to know...

this one was for a contest over at Addicted Scrappers. It was tough--there had to be three different patterned papers and no two things could be from the same manufacturer! It is a busy page, but I love it! This is my first born son, Travis, on his 3rd birthday. My strongest memory of that day is that he had just gotten stung by a bee --poor guy!

birthday star

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Travis is going to be so excited when he sees the two layouts of him!! :D so cute!!

xoxo
Michelle

Leah said...

Great pages! I love the story behind your CKU trip! That was brave, I'd be anxious about attending something like that by myself.

Blog Archive