2.02.2008

Coupons anyone?

So those of you that know me well, know that I am a bargain hunter. I get a rush from saving money at the grocery store or finding a perfect item at a garage sale or thrift store. There is nothing better. Okay, maybe a few things, but saving a ton of money is right up there at the top of my list of natural highs!

With the Superbowl tomorrow, there was a long list of items on our shopping list. Not mornal things, but fun once a year type snacks. It's basically the day, we all get to have our favorite snacks. David was going to go shopping tomorrow, but I knew that even if he looked for bargains it was going to cost us a fortune. So armed with my coupons and the kids, off we went to Albertsons tonight at 8:30pm. I like to go late to avoid tons of shoppers, especially those that hate to be in the checkout line behind me and my pile of coupons.

Here are a couple of pics of our receipt:

luke receipt 4-6

chase receipt 4-6 copy

So we purchased 96 items for $141.28 ---but we saved $138.66 in coupons and savings! So we got $285 in groceries for less than have that! It was fun! Now usually we get an even better deal, but we had to factor in those items that we had to have even if they weren't on sale: Steak to feed 6 of us, 3 gallons of Dreyers Ice Cream, 8 cinnamon rolls, Chex Mix, Doritos, Salsa, Marshmellows, peanuts, cashews and Oreos and chocolate milk! Something to make everyone happy tomorrow. Everyone that is except the cashier at Albertson's - who was pretty mad about all my coupons. That just makes it even better for me.

Happy Superbowl Sunday to everyone!

1 comment:

Marci Knecht said...

You're a savvy shopper, I don't know why everyone doesn't take advantage of coupons. Way to save a boatload of cash!

Blog Archive