1.14.2008

I'm a daily blogger???? We'll see!

Daily blogging—I’ve been challenged. I’m not sure if I can do it, but I’m willing to give it a shot! What’s on my mind today? Hmmmmmm……

Humility---that’s what comes to mind. I am not a humble person and I was very convicted of that fact yesterday. I listened to an awesome teaching from a pastor who claims this is his biggest sin and struggle. I can understand why. We are taught from an early age to be self-sufficient. It is not easy to let go of the knowledge that you can do it all by yourself. But, we can’t. I can’t. I set myself up for trouble when I think that I can. When I think that I don’t need the Lord’s help. When I think that I am right and everyone else is wrong. When I can’t laugh at myself. I need to know that it’s okay to make mistakes. I need to admit them. I need to laugh at them. Then, I need to ask for help. I need to lean on the one person who can give me that help. The Lord. Saying it is so easy. Acting upon it is so hard. I understand that being humble is a journey. I plan on taking one step at a time. Just keep moving toward it. Hopefully, it’s not 2 steps forward and three steps back. But, if it is, I hope that I can see those mistakes, repent and move on.

Humility is the opposite of pride. Not that we can’t have pride in ourselves and our abilities, but we need to be able to focus that pride on the one that deserves it, the one that gave those strengths to us, the Lord.

So my challenge to you today is to take a step toward humility. The world would be such a better place if everyone just took one-step closer everyday.

If you want to hear a great message, check out: http://www.marshillchurch.org/sermonseries/philippians/week_05.aspx
You can even upload via itunes. Awesome message. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Susie said...

I love it!!! some great points! I totally agree! Have a great day!

Marci Knecht said...

Its an interesting dilemma that actually gets confused even more with scrapping. We're all so used to sharing our work and being proud of what we do, wanting to be published, etc that it does kind of go against the very idea of humility. How do we share and maintain our humility? Good question.

Thats some good stuff to think on.

rhonda said...

thanks for visiting my blog & leaving comments!!!

off to check out the church message...after what I just posted...I probably need to listen!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh words to live by. I think pride is okay so long as its not showy and arrogant. It's good to be proud of your kids, but when you brag on them and don't think they can do wrong, well then that humility lesson is well needed.

I guess it's a balance!

Sher

karen (akaliz) said...

this is a hard one. such great insight you give though...will have to check out the link you posted. but i agree with the previous comment that you can be proud of your children, talents, etc (with good discretion)...God gave us all of those things.

Blog Archive