1.01.2008

Happy New Year!

Another year - a new start - lots of plans!

We had a fun time last night playing BUNCO with the neighbors. They invited us over to play and we had never even heard of the game before. So we studied up, you know - read the rules online so we would know what we were doing. Well, it turns out nobody had ever played before and we were the experts! It was hysterical! Good times!

We also met with the contractor, the job site foreman, the project manager and the electrician yesterday. Finally, & I'm not laughing. They asked if I was excited to get started and I had to honestly tell them, I'd be excited when the first sledge hammer was thrown. In other words, I will believe it when I see it. It is hard to have faith and trust in someone who hurries you along so that they can start the first of December and then they don't start until the first of January! I am praying that that isn't a foreshadowing of what I will be expecting for the rest of the project. Anyway, dumpster is arriving first thing tomorrow and the excavator arrives on Friday. So, I guess we are underway. Here we go......

Here are my before pics of the house...

before

In addition, the new kit is ready over at Dixie Pieces for January! It is a wonderful snow themed kit! Lots of fun papers and pieces! They are doing such a great job putting their kits together. They even included sequins! Some of my favorite items were the Queen & Co. snowman trim, the sheer ribbon, and the shimmer cardstock! It was all so much fun! Here are a few of my layouts:

love keeps us warm

dog gone cute

cold outside

snow fun cover


Now I don't normally scrap with purple - but this kit was yummy! The purple was such a perfect and unique snow color! I loved it! Check them out over at www.dixiepieces.com .

No comments:

Blog Archive