12.01.2007

omgosh - home at last!

Well, I had every intention of blogging every day while we were in Vegas, but it didn't happen. After that first day, the novelty sort of wore off and I didn't really feel like documenting my days. Not that I didn't rest a lot because I did, but it is all the same old thing down there. If you aren't into clubbing, gambling, drinking or shopping, it's kind of boring. Now don't get me wrong, I love all those things in moderation - but 24/7 - just not me.

I tried to scrap during the days but the lighting is bad in the rooms, perfect for romance but not to good for scrapbooking! I did manage to get a few layouts finished and as soon as the sun comes out I will get them posted.

We walked a lot and had some good quality time together, but 5 days is way too much!

We were so looking forward to getting home, that we headed to the airport around noon to get on standby. It was a great plan until it started raining in Las Vegas. Apparently it doesn't rain in Vegas more than 3 times a year. It was hysterical - accidents everywhere - double time to the airport - and the airport practically shut down. Now don't invision a typhoon or even a downpour - just a steady mellow rain. Turned the city into a chaotic mess! Air Traffic Control in Vegas doesn't have the right equipment to handle it and the airport doesn't drain properly. It was amazing. They delayed every flight in or out of the place. They wouldn't even let the flights headed to Vegas leave their place of origin. All 4 flights to Seattle were grounded in Seattle and not allowed to leave for Vegas. Can you imagine? We live in 2007 for heaven's sake. They should be able to handle some rain. Needless to say we didn't get a flight out till 11pm and didn't crawl into our bed until 3:30ish this morning. Oh yeah - they lost our bags too.

Well I am running on 4 hours of sleep and doing okay - heading to a neighborhood Christmas Party tonight, so I am planning to nap in just a few moments. Luggage finally showed up on our doorstep a few hours ago. So I can shut the door on that trip! Chalk it up to a lesson learned!

1 comment:

Marci Knecht said...

I'm glad you made it home at last. What a downer way to end an otherwise awesome trip.

Blog Archive