11.13.2007

A blur-----------------------

Just a little warning-----a little ranting to follow:

That's what the last month has been for me - a blur. Too much stress. Everyone is always telling me that I have too much on my plate, but I never seem to listen. After all, I'm superwoman, right? Ok, so I'm not and I admit it. My problem is that if it is something I want to do, I never think it adds to my stress. Until I get sick, the heart starts racing, the anxiety flairs, I'm tired, heartburn kicks in, eyes start twitching - you know - the whole 10 yards at one time. Gets so bad, I feel sick every morning. Man, can it knock me for a loop.

I'm sharing because I know I'm not alone. Too many people carry way too much on their shoulders. It's a definate pattern for me. Starts out small and before I know it, I have myself so scheduled and stressed that the Lord intervenes and says - OKAY, ENOUGH! The problem this time, was that I made things hard for my friends and family at the same time. I hate that I did this. So, it's time to change things for me. Somehow, I have to make sure that it doesn't happen again. I know I'm not capable of doing it on my own, so I'm giving it to the Lord. Finally. I am a control freak. I know it, I can admit it. It is what gets me in trouble. I'm giving it up to the Lord. Telling everyone, so gently remind me. I can't do it. I know it. I hit a place last week that I never want to be again.

I know for some of you that aren't "A" type personalities that stress seems just like a yuppy catch word. But, it's real and the pain that comes along with it is real too. Tough on your heart. Tough on your life and definately tough on your family. Mine has been through many roller coasters with me, they know. Time to give it up, time to let the Lord shoulder it for me. I am going to take things one day at a time. I can't worry about tomorrow - that's the Lord's job. Man, it sounds easy when I write it down.

Okay, so it won't be that easy-but I'm am going to start working on it right now. I am going to focus on the things that make me smile and make those around me smile too. Everyone needs to smile more - to find the joy more - to go to the Lord more.

Do it ----- Today! I am going to.

Things that are important:

my relationship with God
my family
my health
my hobby
schooling with my kids

Things that aren't important:

more money
bigger house
doing it all
winning
having it all


Time to change my focus from the bottom list to the top list. Stay focused-stay healthy - stay happy!


DONE ranting.

1 comment:

Marci Knecht said...

I'm feeling you Kim. Sometimes we do need to stop and reasses. Thanks for the reminder.

Blog Archive