10.28.2007

end of the weekend blues....

I have the end of the weekend blues.....happens every Sunday night. Weekends are so relaxing even if we are busy. The difference for me is that David is home with me. Having him here just makes everything 100% better. Okay, enough feeling sorry for myself!

Oh Yeah-I loved the Transformer movie! I've seen it 3 times now, though, and it's novelty is wearing off!

I added a link to my scrapbook gallery on the right side of the blog. This is most of my layouts from the last 6 months or so. It took me quite a while to figure out how to link it here!!!


Funny story for you---Chase wanted to make some kind of dessert tonight, so I told him to make brownies. He was doing great and following the instructions --or so we thought. Turns out he put 1 cup of water and one cup of oil in instead of 1/4 cup water and 1/2 cup oil. In an effort to save them, we added another packet of mix, some extra flour, cocoa and eggs. In addition, he put in mini marshmellows and chocolate chips. Needless to say, we ended up with a mega batch of very fluffly and moist brownies.

brownies

Don't they look yummy? But, it was touch & go for a moment. Chase was devastated when he thought he had ruined them. He is so hard on himself. We are always working on this and tonight we had another talk about turning mistakes into learning opportunities. As we were talking I was reminded what a good lesson this is for all of us every day.

So as you start out your week, remember to watch for those mistakes and to turn them into learning opportunities. After all there is no such thing as failure. There is always a plan, we might not know what it is, But the Lord does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yumm. That is so mean posting photos of brownies! LOL

Now it's midnight and I need chocolate


Scrappin Sher

Blog Archive